Thursday, January 10, 2008

DAR Lady Meeting

DAR Lady and I are meeting next Saturday morning at a super-secrety Starbucks location, so I can sign my application and fork over my fee. I can hardly wait! She says that at the next board meeting, all the little DAR ladies in my chapter will sign my application and they'll send it off to Washington, D.C., and I'll be a full-fledged member of DAR after it's... whatever they do to it.

I don't know why but I feel super-compelled to do this. It might be repentance for not using Grandma Dot's money to join DAR when she sent it to me. We were in college and broke, so (naughty us) we used the money for groceries. The fee has almost tripled in amount since then. That's what I get. That can't be the reason why I feel so eager, though. Usually my overwhelming guilt is what does it to me, but for some reason I think it'll be fun (fun?) and I'll have some kind of ... something happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment