Sunday, June 28, 2020

Oh, what the heck

While I'm here, I may as well post something.

My cousin Candace is putting together a cookbook/memory book with our Grandma D's recipes and the grandchildren's memories of her and Grandpa. It's got me thinking about personal histories. I visited my great Grandma Keen's and my Gran's autobiographies here on the blog and reread them. What a magical gift it is to be able to read their words and feel them close by again.

Sometime last December, I decided to ditch Facebook, but I wanted to capture all the family memories I've logged there over the years. So I've been slowly dismantling my account (the "On This Day" feature has been instrumental in that effort). I've been blogging on the family blog every day since then, and adding our Facebook memories and pictures in chronological order. I hope to eventually print it in a book format and make copies to give to my family members.

It feels incredibly good to know that someday in the future, my grandchildren and descendants will be able to read about us and know a little bit about me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment