Saturday, December 28, 2013

Messing Around With Stuff

Why hello there.

Though I've been absent from blogging, I've still been quite busily researching. And, in a sheerly geeky move, I used my genealogy computer program to make a list of my direct ancestors, aunts and uncles, and first cousins, with their birth and death dates and places of burials (or whatever info I have). I'm now organizing it into generations which is going to take forever, but I'll be durned if I won't know where all my people are currently "residing". I don't know why, but that's a thing with me.

Today I went to the library and messed around with newspaper archives on microfilm. My great grandparents moved to this area in the 1940s and lived here for the rest of their lives (mostly - my widowed great grandmother moved around a little). Their sons, my granduncles, both passed away here at young ages, and my great-great grandmother (great grandfather's mother) also lived here for a good long time. All of them are buried here. I decided to peek around and see if I could find their obituaries, which I did (along with my dad's birth announcement, yay).

Along with my family members' articles were obituaries and birth announcements for other families, so I've decided to type them up here and see if anyone could use them. And they'll be Google-able! Nifty!

No comments:

Post a Comment